Mentoring Skills Training for Workplace Mentors
Developing potential through mentoring. Train your organisations leaders & managers to mentor and support the workforce.
What is the Workplace Mentoring Skills Training course about?
A skilled mentor is able to guide and support others to continually improve, develop their career and fulfil their potential. The mentoring process can be life changing both for mentor and mentee. This Mentoring Skills Training for Managers course is about equipping you with the skills and approaches needed to mentor people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Who is the Workplace Mentoring Skills Training course for?
Our tailored Mentor skills training course is for:
- Managers, Leaders and Team supervisors who are responsible for developing the performance of staff and teams
- Mentors signed up to in -house mentoring programmes
InterCHANGE will discuss your objectives and design the mentor training to meet specific requirements.
How will the organisation benefit?
Mentoring activity inspires and encourages conscious and continual learning. Constructive and balanced self-reflection becomes habitual with people asking: What went well? What could I do differently next time? Why did I get anxious in that meeting? How can I support myself better next time so I can contribute more decisively? What is irritating me about this person’s behaviour and what do I need to say?
When a learning organisation is cultivated difficulties tend to be resolved more quickly, relationships based on integrity grow, rapid sharing of ideas spark innovation and teams can respond to opportunities and challenges in changing environments.
What will you learn on the course? – a typical course content
You will be able to:
- Develop the commitment and personal development required to be an effective mentor
- Understand the role and competencies a skilled mentor needs to cultivate
- Explore the definition of ‘Mentoring’ and what it involves – the mentoring journey
- Learn how to hold boundaries and keep the process safe
- Enhance your listening and questioning skills
- Set clear objectives and goals
- Clarify comfortable levels of self-disclosure to inspire mentee drawing on own career
- Learn how to wind up the mentoring relationship and move on