Running Effective Meetings Course
Facilitation Techniques for Chairing or Running Effective Meetings
What is the Running Effective Meetings Course about?
The Facilitating and Running Effective Meetings course is about learning how to manage time and keep focus, listen effectively, grasp issues quickly, absorb and bring structure to new information and respond to needs sensitively. Whether leading meetings or facilitating discussions, you need to have the techniques to plan and be in charge of them so that they run effectively and efficiently.
Who is this course for?
This skills course for running or chairing meetings is for team leaders, supervisors, managers and leaders responsible for chairing or managing the running of workplace or organisational meetings. Not just running a meeting beut getting the most out of the time invested by all involved in the meeting.
What are the organisational benefits?
When meetings are run effectively many benefits flow including:
- Time being used efficiently
- Participants being prepared, motivated and fully engaged
- Quality decisions and actions being agreed and committed too
- Discussions adding real value to overall objectives
- Strengthening of team bonds and relationships
Learning aims – a typical course content
You will be able to:
- Identify the purpose of meetings and clarify roles
- Explore different types of meetings
- Create structures to suite different purposes of meetings
- Understand the planning process to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Open meetings effectively AND sustain energy, pace and clarity of purpose
- Facilitate discussion and encourage co-operation, collaboration and balanced contribution
- Keep focus and manage time
- Overcome objections and deal with obstacles
- Enhance your verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Summarise topics of discussion and promote ownership of future actions
- Ensure follow-up and feedback
How is this course delivered
You Might Also Be Interested In These Related Business Training Courses