Skills for Managing Workplace Pressure
Promoting Well-Being and Resilience in the workplace
What is the Managing Workplace Pressure course about?
Pressure can be positive, providing us with the spur and excitement to meet deadlines, be creative and find solutions.
Too much pressure in the workplace, however, can turn into energy sapping stress, leaving us feeling exhausted and unable to cope.
Skills for Managing Workplace Pressure, is a training course that helps you recognise the signs of stress in yourself and others and develop the ability and confidence to prevent its negative impact thus allowing you to sustain a sense of well-being and motivation.
Who is the Managing Workplace Pressure course for?
Our tailored Skills for Managing Workplace Pressure training can be adapted for different levels and job functions from new starters through to senior staff members.
InterCHANGE will discuss who wishes to attend the training and what sorts of stress the team find themselves facing during the normal pattern of work. From there we can build a tailored course based around the work team’s specific requirements.
How will the organisation benefit?
When team members are able to develop resilience, to workplace stress and the pressures that they face, they are able to maintain balance and a sense of well-being at work and will be more creative, make decisions rooted in clear thinking and enjoy sustained achievement.
What will you learn on the course? – a typical course content
Learning aims – you will be able to:
- Understand the difference between stress and pressure;
- Explore the causes of excessive work related pressure;
- Identify your locus of control and explore ways to sustain a positive response to stressors
- Learn and practice communication methods to help manage pressure positively;
- Understand the HSE management standards;
- Review organisational support mechanisms e.g. EAP
- Learn and explore specific ways of developing resilience including: wheel of life, time management tips, well-being account, breathing and relaxation exercises and mindfulness
- Develop a self-care action plan to sustain learning