Business Negotiation Skills Training
Develop effective negotiating and influencing skills to get what you want done
What is the Business Negotiation Skills Training about?
Whenever we come together with others to reach an agreement we are negotiating. This can be a one-off event or an ongoing process. For instance, when we’re adopting strategies, plans and ideas, prioritising tasks with colleagues and managers, finalising prices with suppliers or agreeing elements of service delivery with customers and clients, negotiations play an important role in the end result.
This Business Negotiation Skills Training course is about understanding and applying the principals of effective negotiation to achieve positive outcomes that raise levels of commitment, engagement and success.
Who is the Business Negotiation Skills Training for?
This course is for anyone needing to negotiate in the workplace be that internally with fellow colleagues, other organisational teams or externally with clients or suppliers.
Our tailored Business Negotiation Skills Training can be adapted to meet needs of different levels from staff members, team leaders or senior teams. InterCHANGE will discuss who wishes to attend the training and what their specific requirements are then build and deliver a bespoke course.
How will the organisation benefit?
Staff who are confident negotiators are able to achieve positive outcomes for their organisation by gaining commitment and buy-in from those responsible for taking action.
What will you learn on the course? – a typical course content
You will be able to:
- Understand negotiating theory and processes
- Develop good persuasion, negotiating and communication practices such as planning outcomes, active listening skills, questioning, developing a win: win approach and positive feedback skills
- Assess your persuading and negotiating styles and explore how it affects the way you communicate with others
- Enhance your ability to ‘read between the lines’ of written and spoken communications
- Have greater influence in their negotiations and improve their ability to achieve win: win outcomes
- Optimise your impact verbally and non-verbally
- Use a five stage persuading and negotiation agreement framework – involving active and reflective listening, and feedback skills