What is the Inclusion and Diversity Training course about?
This Inclusion and Diversity Training is about understanding the many forms of diversity and learning how to promote an inclusive workplace based on respect and integrity.
Who is the Inclusion and Diversity Training course for?
Our tailored Diversity and Equality training Programmes can be adapted for different levels and job functions from team members right through to senior teams. InterCHANGE will discuss with you who wishes to attend the training and what their specific requirements are.
There may be specific Diversity and Equality issues that your organisation often faces. InterCHANGE can work with you to build a tailored approach to each of these to help your organisation handle the challenges that they are faced with in their day to day work.
How will the organisation benefit?
The nurturing of higher levels of consciousness on issues of diversity and equality will lead to decision making and working practices being better informed and less vulnerable to unwitting discrimination. This in turn creates an inclusive workplace where people feel valued, able to fully contribute and motivated to understand and meet the needs of diverse range of clients and customers.
What will you learn on the course? – a typical course content
You will be able to:
- Explore ways of collaborating, championing and celebrating diversity in the workplace
- Demonstrate how Diversity and Equality relate to the work and commitment of your organisation
- Understand the nature and origins of unconscious bias – including the impact that this can have on workplace behaviour
- Develop an understanding of existing Equalities legislation
- Define Institutional Discrimination and assess its impact on service delivery.
- Identify strategies for increasing inclusion and promoting diversity in the workplace
- Identify next steps in support of inclusion and diversity.