First Time & New Managers Skills Training
Harness the full potential of your new managers so they can motivate and inspire staff to achieve great results.
What is the New Managers Skills Training Course about?
Taking up a management position for the first time is often challenging and demanding and a time when you need the most support and encouragement. This New Managers Skills Training course will help you adjust to your new post and to develop the management skills and confidence to successfully fulfil your managerial responsibilities including: developing a range of management styles, providing direction and vision for your team and promoting sustainable achievement and effective team-working.
Who is this course for?
This course is for those new to or about to move into management. It is also excellent for those people who have been in a management role for some time and have not received any formal training. This course will help delegates to consolidate existing skills and approaches and will also offer the opportunity to develop new ones.
How will the organisation benefit?
Self-aware managers committed to continuous learning and improvement are able to create vibrant, competitive, productive and sustainable teams and organisations.
What will you learn on the course? – a typical course content
You will be able to:
- Assess your managerial style and develop range of management approaches best suited to the situation and person
- Reflect upon your strengths and areas for development
- Raise your consciousness of often hidden drivers and assumptions
- Communicate with confidence and clarity in different situations – in meetings, team discussions and with diverse range of stakeholders
- Delegate and motivate staff to produce desired outcomes
- Build and maintain productive and healthy teams
- Use coaching skills to promote high performance and sustainable achievement
- Constructively address underperformance
- Develop action plan and establish sustainable learning mechanisms