What is this Gender Equality skills Training Course about?
This Gender Equality workshop is a personal/professional development programme designed to help people navigate the many gender equality challenges prevalent in the 21st century workplace.
Delivered via training or coaching this programme will support the development of improved communication, both formal and informal and address a range of multifaceted areas relating to gender difference – specifically the ways women and men think and behave.
How people negotiate the gender-based challenges they face at work, wherever they sit in the hierarchy, has become a complex issue with far reaching consequences that too few organisations are addressing. Gender stereotypical behaviours can impede communication and jeopardise productivity, particularly in senior management.
Within this programme, participants will be split into gender segregated groups to enable the creation of a safe space when all can explore their concerns and express their views using difference as a springboard rather than a barrier to improved workplace relations. The facilitators will create a safe and non-judgemental environment for these discussions.
The programme will help people communicate with confidence and awareness enabling organisational change and development.
Some of the many areas of gender equality that we need to negotiate in the workplace are:
- Unconscious bias – where their inner prejudices are derived
- How gender impacts on attitudes and behaviour (own and colleagues)
- Recognising how gender-style behaviours are adopted and getting people to own them
- Aspects of gender and gender identity – stereotyping
- Being part of a fully inclusive workplace
- Challenging unhealthy organisational cultures or negative attitudes towards diversity and inclusion.
Who is this course for?
For anyone in today’s workplace who wants to improve gender equality across their organisation.
This Gender Equality programme can be adapted for different levels and job functions from team member colleagues, right through to senior executives. InterCHANGE will happily discuss your requirements with you.
There may be specific gender equality issues that your organisation might face or perhaps around male/female working relationships. InterCHANGE consultants can work with you to ensure the programme can address any such specifics as well as exploring more generic elements about how men deal with workplace challenges they face.
How will the organisation benefit?
Studies have shown that a healthy gender balance in the workplace leads to a more stimulating working environment and more profitable businesses. The more awareness around how attitudes, behaviours and biases impact on performance and well-being, the greater the organisational benefits.
What will you learn on the course? – a typical course content
You will be able to:
- Operate with an enhanced awareness of the complexities of gender difference in today’s workplace
- Cut through traditional stereotypes into a different way of being and operating around gender equality
- Understand how unconscious bias impacts on our effectiveness at work
- Develop strategies to identify and deal with gender based assumptions and biases
- Improve communication with people of the opposite sex (and same sex)
- Be more influential with other people at all levels of management.
- Develop improved language and behaviours
- Challenge inappropriate behaviour when it is witnessed
- Apply the interpersonal skills required with genuine confidence, from the “inside out”
- Be more open and authentic in dealings with others