Performance Management Training
How to conduct employee performance reviews and appraisals
What is the Performance Management Training about?
Effective performance management is key to organisational success.
Employees need clarity in terms of their individual achievements and how these contribute to team and organisational objectives. This Performance Management Training is about developing the ability and confidence to facilitate employee performance reviews and appraisals that inspire, motivate and provide clarity of direction for staff.
Who is the Performance Management Training for?
Successful performance management reviews are reliant on using the right style of approach that is appropriate to the level of seniority of the member of the team.
InterCHANGE will tailor the Performance Management Training course to meet the needs of different levels from team leaders / supervisors to senior managers so that they carry out performance reviews that are effective and relevant for their team.
InterCHANGE will discuss your specific requirements and ensure the training is relevant and resonates with your culture, context, challenges and opportunities of your organisation.
How will the organisation benefit?
An organisation whose staff are bursting with enthusiasm to contribute and give of their best, who have clear goals and are in good relationship with colleagues and clients have the resilience and flexibility to thrive, however challenging the environment. Good performance management is at the heart of achieving this outcome.
What will you learn on the course? – a typical course content
You will be able to:
- Define the purpose and benefits of performance reviews
- Effectively prepare for the performance management meeting, and support the staff member to do the same
- Review and understand the key elements of a performance management/ appraisal forms and the overall appraisal process
- Explore and practice communication skills that support the appraisal discussion
- Set realistic, relevant and stretching goals and KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
- Exploring and use a range of tools to monitor performance
- Identify and avoid bias
- Deal with difficult situations and under performance
- Ensure the process is positive and motivating
- Promote continuous learning and embed performance management activities throughout the year