Business Skills Trainer
I have been a highly successful fundraiser, development manager and freelance trainer since 1994. Prior to that I worked in adult education and training in Bristol and Cardiff.
I have held various funding and development positions for the not for profit sector in London and Bristol. I continue to successfully raise charitable income from a broad range of donors and philanthropic partnerships: charitable trusts, statutory contracts, events, individuals, corporate sponsorship, liveries and universities.
I have worked both sides of the fundraising fence – sitting on the grants panel for Charities Aid Foundation, as a funding adviser and trainer teaching others to fundraise and as a grant seeker for several large and small charities and not for profit organisations. With this broad background spanning small and medium enterprises, I bring an in depth understanding of practice to fundraising and organisational development.
- Facilitating and coaching for senior managers and trustees focusing on organisational strategy , business planning and fundraising strategies
- Writing and delivering bespoke fundraising training courses
- Writer – tenders and grants
- Becoming Fit for Funding: organisational development and implementation
- Presenting yourself to funders
- Writing successful bids