MSc Organisational Behaviour
BA (Hons) Politics and Philosophy
British Psychological Society Levels A & B in Occupational Testing
During the past 25 years of contributing to the people, leadership and organisation development agenda, I have been successful in, and enjoyed, a variety of development, consultancy and operational roles in major organisations and SMEs, including Rolls-Royce, Transport for London and the Armed Forces.
These roles have given me experience and insight into a diverse range of business challenges and sectors including: manufacturing, engineering, operations/supply chain management, public transport and professional services in the UK, Europe, Scandinavia, North America and Asia.
The diversity of my experience means that I am able to fuse methodologies and tools from the world of problem solving and lean/six-sigma and project management with concepts from organisation behaviour, occupational psychology, learning theory and leadership development.to drive sustainable improvement.
My passion is helping people to make a difference and my key areas of expertise are in change and improvement, team and leadership development and talent/succession management
This has included the design and facilitation of:
- Change and business improvement programmes in the UK, USA, Europe, Scandinavia and Asia including process improvement, robust problem solving and development of required behaviours further to introduction of new processes, systems or structures.
- Talent and succession management processes, development/assessment centres and the provision of career coaching and mentoring to individuals on fast track programmes and succession plans.
Management and Leadership development programmes including classroom-based, use of the outdoor environment and self-directed shared learning programmes.
- Coaching executives, senior managers, and team leaders on both people and business challenges.
Executive team development interventions using a variety of methodologies including sustained observation and real time feedback over a period of time, workshops, use of psychometric and off the job activities.
- Management conferences and company-wide, all-employee engagement and communication activities in support of major organisational change and lean/six-sigma programmes.
- Organisation design supporting, for example, functional and supply chain restructuring.
Outputs from my contribution have ranged from cost savings, increased machine utilisation and improved health and safety in a manufacturing site, through to more efficient project management in an internet company and improved team working at executive level.
I am able to build relationships and credibility with people quickly and naturally at all levels in an organisation whether they are technical specialists/professionals, shop floor operators, employee representatives, executive board members or general managers. I like to combine an enthusiastic, engaging and humorous approach with a strong focus on achieving results.