Job Applications and Preparing for Interviews Training
Effectively apply for that job and succeed at your interview.
What is the Job Applications & Preparing for Interviews Training about?
The Job Application & Preparing for Interviews Training workshop is about confidently completing an application for a role, being selected and then being ready and confident to make the most of the opportunity.
Who is the Job Applications & Preparing for Interviews Training for?
This preparing students for job applications and interviews is for all young people leaving academia and seeking their first job. It can form part of:
- a school’s career guidance programme
- student mentoring programme
InterCHANGE can discuss your particular requirements and objectives for supporting young people on their path into work.
How will Schools and Colleges benefit?
Schools and colleges benefit from enabling their students and pupils successfully transit from academia to the workplace.
What will you learn on the course? – a typical course content
You will be able to:
- Understand format and requirements of job applications
- Understand overall recruitment and selection process
- Undertake a skills/experience audit – individual strengths in relation to the skills needed for the job
- Make a first good impression
- Confidently talk about your areas for development
- Express your passion and what motivates you in a compelling way
- Prepare responses to common interview questions
- Develop ways of staying calm and being confident in an interview
- Enhance listening skills and explore benefits of using this skill during the interview scenario
- Demonstrate understanding of the competences for the job and how your skills and ambitions match what is required
To have the opportunity to practice being in an interview scenario