Mentoring Skills For Teachers & Support Staff
Developing the young through mentoring
What is the Mentoring Skills For Teachers Training about?
Using mentoring skills within your teaching role can bring great rewards as it underpins the everyday process of guiding and supporting students to learn, continually improve and develop their career and fulfil their potential. This Mentoring Skills training for teachers and support staff is about equipping you with key mentoring skills and approaches that will help you inspire young people to be the best they can be.
Who is the Mentoring Skills For Teachers Training for?
Our tailored Mentoring skills for teachers training course is for teachers, support staff, parents and all those engaged with supporting young people to realise their full potential. InterCHANGE will discuss your objectives and design the mentor training to meet specific requirements.
How will the organisation benefit?
Mentoring activity inspires and encourages conscious and continual learning. Constructive and balanced self-reflection becomes habitual with people asking:
- What went well?
- What could I do differently next time?
- Why did I get anxious in that lesson?
- How can I support myself better next time so I can challenge more constructively?
- What is irritating me about this person’s behaviour and what do I need to say?
What will you learn on the course? – a typical course content
You will be able to:
- Develop the commitment and personal development required to integrate mentoring skills into your teaching/supporting role
- Understand the role and competencies a skilled mentor needs to cultivate
- Explore the definition of ‘Mentoring’ and what it involves – the mentoring journey
- Learn how to hold boundaries and keep the process safe
- Enhance your listening and questioning skills
- Understand and use the GROW coaching cycle
- Set clear objectives and goals