Volunteer Mentoring Skills Training
Developing the skills of volunteer mentors to the young
What is the Volunteer Mentoring Skills Training course about?
Our Volunteer Mentor Skills Training is about equipping volunteer mentors with the range of interpersonal competencies and skills needed to build, develop and sustain positive relationships.
Mentors will develop the self-awareness and self-knowledge necessary to successfully mentor young people or for peer mentors to mentor each other and keep the relationship supportive, safe and rewarding for both parties.
Who is the Volunteer Mentoring Skills Training course for?
Anyone who wants to offer volunteer mentoring to young people in schools – professionals, support staff, parents, young people.
How will the organisation benefit?
When the status of volunteer mentoring is elevated throughout an organisation and the message reinforced that Volunteering, and the accompanying training, is a high value activity numerous business and individual benefits are achieved including:
- Enriched organisational learning and leadership capabilities
- Improved individual, team and organisational performance
- Raised levels of self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Strengthened interpersonal skills
The Mentor training can be linked an organisation’s performance improvement mechanisms such as appraisals and performance reviews to explore wider applications of mentoring skills and approaches across the organisation.
What will you learn on the course? – a typical course content
The mentor skills training skills course will help you to:
- Understand what mentoring is and stages of the mentoring relationship
- See the world from the perspective of your mentees – what their fears, motivations, frustrations may be
- Explore and practice range of communication skills and mentoring models to maximise student learning
- Maintain an assertive and positive relationship with your learner – confidentiality and boundaries
- Setting achievable and measurable goals
- Giving feedback and addressing concerns / under achievement
- Ensuring the process is positive and motivating
- Self-assessment skills and reflecting on progress
How is this course delivered
You Might Also Be Interested In These Related Business Training Courses